Hello, here is all the information needed for surrendering a cat to Kitty Kat Haven.
Everything we do here at KKH is done in the best interest of the felines. We strive to make each of them happy, healthy, and comfortable while in our care. Now, we do currently have space in our rescue sanctuary.
Due to space limitations, we can only take up to 4 cats per household. To ensure the health and wellness of our current residents as well as your incoming cat(s); these requirements must be met before surrendering your cat to us:
- The cat must be an ADULT, 10 months & up. They MUST be people-friendly.
- Cat lives within 45miles of Chehalis
- Tested for FIV/Felv ($55 at scatter creek in Rochester), this is a BLOOD TEST with -/+ results, you will need to bring results at the time of surrender.
- A short bio on your kitty, (personality, type of home they came from, inside/outside, good with children? Dogs?) THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT, we use this for our adoption interviews. If you can’t think of anything please fill out the Cat Intake Form.
- Minimum fees (per cat, unless told otherwise) are due at the time of surrender. This helps us with the cost of a vet visit (wellness exam), and any other initial medical treatment required, as well as care for your cat.
- $50 for a cat spay/neutered and under 10yrs,
- $100 if the cat is over the age of 10yrs OR has behavior issues.
- $125 if a cat has medical issues or any un-spayed/ un-neutered cat.
- Some bedding that smells like “home” (can place an old towel on their favorite spot and bring it with them) and anything that is “theirs” you’d be willing to send with them.
- A small container of the food they are used to eating.
- If on any medications, or Rx food, you MUST BRING it since it will help us keep them on whatever they are until our Dr. examines them. Extra food and medication is always a plus.
- Medical records, or at least veterinarian contact information for your cat.
- Current on vaccines is a plus but not required, medical records are also a plus.
We want to make this transition as easy and stress-free as possible, for your cat. Please keep this document so that you can make sure you have everything we, and the cat, need at the time of surrender. We do intakes between 3 pm – 6 pm, Wednesday / Fridays, and some Sundays. As long as our director Valarie is available. Appointments are required for surrenders. Intake Requirements, Cat Intake Form
Sincerely, Kitty Kat Haven